See Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell

This is an unofficial evaluation of some critical assets that may be sold by the Federal Government as proposed by some stakeholders to bail Nigeria out of the current scourge of economic recession.

According to one engineer named Henry Omoregie, he was part of the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas, NLNG construction history from the scratch including piping, electrical and safety supervision.

He said NLNG was built (first 2 trains) for 3.8 billion USD. With an additional train, it shot up to 4.2 billion USD with plans to expand to about 7 trains on hold, it should worth about 10 – 15 billion USD. That is less than the billions of dollars figures the APC-led Nigeria has been bandying about, as recovered loot.

The JV agreement is shared 49% for Nigeria (NNPC) and the rest 51% by Shell, (biggest share of the other 3 at about 25%) Agip (ENI Group) and Total (then TotalFinaElf).

He said he understands during his sojourn in Bonny Island, that the plant would be wholly Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC’s after 22 years (counting from 1999 or just before).

That means in 2021, 51% becomes an addition to the 49% = 100% Naija-owned. He also said the most expensive single ”asset” in Nigeria and Africa today is the NLNG Plant in Bonny Island, Rivers State – Nigeria.

See photos below as well as reactions by some Nigerians;boni2-1 boni4boni3 boni5boni6

You Might Also Like

  • Cornel Nwankwo

    Is just rumuors, federal government cannot sell off this property, is not possible


      Rumours… Did u say rumours….. Sumtin dat is already in de senate for debate a rumour….

  • Justice Elmer

    E go soon clear for their eye

  • Justice Elmer

    I wonder the fool advising the FG to dive into this mirage..

  • Justice Elmer

    Where I’ll go mad is when they sell it to a foreigner..


      I prefer a foreigner to dangote…

  • Justice Elmer

    If they like let them sell.. But we all will be alive to regret it

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    Apc re very clueless

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    They re only inviting more bombs from militants

  • emekachilaka

    selling things like this means they we one sale the whole country mr fayose must say something

  • emekachilaka

    we are watching for this to happen thunder go kill some many criminals

  • Make FG no make this costly mistake

    • Cornel Nwankwo

      No worry, they won’t

  • WillieBravo

    Pathetic. APC is a curse.

  • kayode akinsanya

    I’m not in support of this ooo, selling things is not the solution to our challenges. Who is giving them the stupid idea

  • IG: Jiafid

    I dont like the fact that they wanna sell of this assets, it doesnt make sense to me

    • Cornel Nwankwo

      They cant is not possible

  • Olovo Obinna

    No wonder….some criminal entities are pushing secretly buttons to buy the plant