News

How Church Member Died Of Electrocution By Generator Wire During Service In Abia

Chinweotito Ehiogu was reportedly electrocuted in the church premises while the Sunday service was going on at Dominion Grace Christian Centre at Mgbaja Ossah in Umuahia North LGA of Abia State, Punchng reports.

He was said to have died while attempting to rescue another member of the church, Chidiebere, who was allegedly trapped by an unclad wire connected to the church’s generator. Chidiebere, who was barefooted, was also affected by the electrocution.

A source said the victims were immediately taken to a hospital, where Chinweotito was confirmed dead, while Chidiebere was revived. He added that the remains of Ehiogu was later brought back to the church for series of prayers. The G.O of the church, Pastor Simeon Chibuzor, who confirmed the incident, described it as unfortunate.mem

You Might Also Like

  • Eeya smh RIP

  • emekachilaka

    too bad RIP

  • chika bibian

    So sad…Quite unfortunate

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    May God comfort his family

  • Mezzy Gilbert

    Chai

  • Cornel Nwankwo

    Unfortunate indeed…….
    Trying to save another, but met his own death, sure the person he saved will be proud of him any day.
    Rest in peace dear.

  • WillieBravo

    So him that was trying to rescue someone died and the person that was been rescued was saved. Whew! Disheartening to say the least.

    • Mezzy Gilbert

      That is d irony of life

      • chika bibian

        Yess

  • Olovo Obinna

    Quite an unfortunate tragedy…. I guess the victim don’t HV any idea on dangers of electricity